In keeping with our policy of teaching British Values, we listen to the voice of our children.
Our school behaviour policy is clear that children are expected to contribute and co-operate, taking into account the views of others.
Our school councillors have been elected by the children. We have a school council which consists of two members from each of the Year 2 classes and two members from the vertically grouped Y1/2 class, who are nominated and voted for. The children have made excellent choices and I know they will do a great job.
Our school Council for 2017/2018 will be posted shortly.
Well done to our School Council for 2016/2017:
Maple – Leila Cholich & Tom Hardy
Willow – Isla James & Toby Holland
Sycamore – Hope Smith & Ben Steele
The role of the school council is to:
1) Help out in our well done assembly.
2) Help the head teacher to decide what to do.
3) Collect suggestions from the class as to improvements to be made in school.
4) Collect any concerns the children have and report them to a teacher.
5) Help out on special days/events.
6) Set an excellent example of behaviour and politeness for the class to follow.
The School Councillors with the help of Zara had fun gardening in the lovely weather today!