Dear Parents and Governors,
As part of the Olympic Games Legacy, Stamford Park Infant School, in line with all other schools in the UK, receives a specific grant from central government to develop its Physical Education offer in school. The money can be spent on:
1. Resources eg, dance CDs, new climbing frame, basketball kit
2. Staff attending external training.
3. Transport to fixtures.
4. Affiliation fees.
5. Using consultants or sports coaches to develop staff competencies and confidence.
6. Subsidising extra curricular clubs including new sports.
7. Releasing the PE coordinator to support colleagues.
8. Sports related trips eg, Manchester Velodrome.
9. Lunchtime or before school activities and resources etc.
As always, we welcome parental, pupil and governor input together with the opinion of staff. We will be formulating our spending plans after meeting with interested parents. If interested in shaping PE from EYFS and throughout our school please do come along at 9am on Friday 20th March. The meeting will last approximately 45 minutes.
I very much look forward to hearing your thoughts. If you cannot attend but do have some ideas please feel free to forward them for my attention at School.email@example.com
As we need to have some ideas of numbers attending, we would be grateful if you could let school know should you wish to attend.
Anne Marie McDowell