In keeping with our policy of teaching British Values, we listen to the voice of our children.
Our school behaviour policy is clear that children are expected to contribute and co-operate, taking into account the views of others.
Our school councillors have been elected by the children. We have a school council which consists of two members from each of the Year 2 classes and two members from the vertically grouped Y1/2 class, who are nominated and voted for. The children have made excellent choices and I know they will do a great job.
School Council for 2019/2020:
Ava, Poppy, Florence, Corey, Alex, Ben
The role of the school council is to:
1) To help out in our 'Star of the Week Assembly' and choose the children to be praised in the final assembly of every half term.
2) Help the head teacher to decide what to do.
3) Collect suggestions from the class as to improvements to be made in school.
4) Collect any concerns the children have and report them to a teacher.
5) Help out on special days/events.
6) Set an excellent example of behaviour and politeness for the class to follow.
7) To monitor and encourage excellent, polite behaviour at break and lunchtime.
Voting in our School Council and seeing them in action.
The Year 2 have voted for their 'School Council' members.
We all chose in secret one boy and one girl who had all the qualities needed to be a school councilor. We then totaled up all the votes to see who had won.